Are you struggling to settle your baby? Or maybe you are trying to establish a good sleep routine...
How not to ruin Mother’s Day
A dad’s guide to Mother’s Day 2020
Okay gents – this one is for you. Let’s be honest – you haven’t got a clue what to do for your partner for Mother’s Day and the reality is that a dressing gown from Asda and some flowers from the petrol garage isn’t exactly going to get you in her good books, and why should it?
Since becoming a mum myself – I think that mother’s day is more special to me than my birthday. It should be the one day a year where you should WANT to pull out all the stops to show her just how much you appreciate her. That’s where I come in – I’m going to help you boss Mother’s Day and not fuck it up!
Let her have a lie in…. A real one!
This is NON-NEGOTIABLE
This is by far the best Mother’s Day present you could give – and its free! SLEEP is such a sacred past memory for many mums. Don’t huff and puff about it, don’t send the kids up after 10 mins with a rubbish card, and don’t pace around the bedroom looking lost – this does not count!
Get up and leave quietly, shut the door and lock the kids under the stairs if you have too. Trust me when I say she will feel like a new woman for being allowed to wake up by herself.
A breakfast that she didn’t have to make for herself – or for you or the kids for that matter.
Doesn’t matter if its breakfast in bed, the kitchen or at her favourite café – but waking up knowing that someone else is taking care of her will go a long way.
You can either show off yourself and whip up a mean breakfast or you can let the kids ‘help’ – the only rule is she is absolutely “NOT ALLOWED TO CLEAN UP”.
Now, lets get one thing straight. Gifts do not have to be expensive or glamourous. They just have to show her you thought of her a little more than buying one of the last bunches of flowers at the petrol station or a dressing gown at Asda. That is NOT thoughtful. Have a little think about what would brighten up her day and make her feel a little bit special.
To make things easier here are a few ideas of local businesses operating in Swansea that might have a little something that will give you some extra brownie points.
1. Definitely NOT for the faint hearted – but if she has a good sense of humour then obscenitycards.com might have something to make her laugh.
3. How about something new to wear? We have some great local companies offering fantastic clothing options for any type of mum! The Tired Mama Collection, Matilda and Jacks, or for the outdoorsy mum, check out Emmpire 92 or Bad Ass Mother Runners
4. Luxury toiletries from Myddfai
7. Eco Friendly candles and wax melts from the amazing Juno Candles UK
8. If you’re looking for something personal then check out Craftsea
9. Tasty Gift hampers from The Giftaholic
10. And last but definitely not least – how about booking either a family session or a Mum&Me photoshoot to create some beautiful images of mum and her children. Being gifted a photography session with her loved ones is sure to put a smile on any mums face! Family Photoshoots available here.
Newborn and family photographer covering all of Swansea and South Wales.
Available for Studio or lifestyle / photography.
FANCY A LITTLE MORE?
HAVE A LOOK AT MY RECENT BLOG POSTS
The answer to this question is yes and no! But that's not really helpful to you, is it? Every...
So 2020 has been the longest 3 years of my life so far! Corona - or as I like to call her...
+ 07375 858186